Author Topic: Worth starting up a new game here?  (Read 1090 times)

DryKid

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Worth starting up a new game here?
« on: July 06, 2015, 07:04:56 AM »
Haven't been back here for a while and I was wondering if it is still worth starting a new story here? Is there still a playerbase, or has everyone moved onto places like Tumblr, Jcink and ProBoards?
ith the sun in your eyes and on your own, bedshaped, and legs of stone, you'll knock on my door, and up we'll go, in white light.... i don't think so.

Gilren

• Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: Worth starting up a new game here?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:11:34 PM »
Most people I knew on here moved to RPOL

DryKid

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 04:06:42 AM »
Strange. I always thought this site was much more functional than RPOL.
ith the sun in your eyes and on your own, bedshaped, and legs of stone, you'll knock on my door, and up we'll go, in white light.... i don't think so.

Gilren

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »
Which is funny because I always found RPOL much more functional from both player and GM sides.

Lex

• Site Admin
  • Hack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:00:29 AM »
It all depends.  Some stories are active, most are probably not.  It's also the summer, and people are away from school/on vacation, etc.  Storycrafter has always had ebb and flow throughout the years.

You might have more success in finding/holding onto players if you have a well put together story all set for people to jump right into.  Worse case scenario, you get that all set up, and if it doesn't work out here, you take what you've written up and move it to one of the other sites people have suggested.
If Woody had gone straight to the police, none of this would ever have happened."

SnowDono

• Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 10:46:14 AM »
I check new games when they show, but mostly I call upon the power of a fistful of friends to get a game of some sort started.

I mean I guess it depends on what you're looking for.  I need the badgering of people to maintain a posting schedule, especially through the summer.